WHAT IT IS + WHY WE LOVE IT
Pomegranate (Punica granatum) is a beautiful superfood that has been used for thousands of years. It originated in the Persian Empire and is still primarily cultivated in the Mediterranean, India (which we of course love!), and the Middle East.
Pomegranate has been held sacred by many of the world’s major religions and nations. It has been described a paradise fruit and has been a symbol of beauty, sensuality, fertility and everlasting life.
We love it for the bounty of skin-loving benefits it offers from both the inside-out and inside-in that nourish, protect, and rejuvenate.
Before diving into all the benefits that pomegranate provides, no discussion would be complete without mentioning it in relation to food, especially with Thanksgiving just around the corner! It’s jewel-like seeds with its yummy sweet-tartiness will make all kinds of recipes shine! Add pomegranate to your sparkling wine for an extra special treat. This special little fruit can make the ordinary
THE MANY SKIN BENEFITS OF POMEGRANATE
We could go on for a really long time about the pomegranate. But, since we’re all getting into the chaos of the holidays, we just want to hit the highlights. So, grab yourself a sparkling beverage (grown-up or not!), add some pomegranate seeds, and plop down for a few minutes of all things about our little paradise fruit.
- Cell regeneration—pomegranates protect the skin on the surface and regenerate cells in the deepest layers.
- Collagen production—special compounds in pomegranates inhibit enzymes that break down collagen but also extend the life of cells that produce collagen and elastin. This helps improve skin elasticity.
- Sun damage protection—pomegranates offer serious sun protection, thanks to all the antioxidants it contains. These antioxidants ward off sun damage, skin cancer, and the visible effects of photoaging. It even helps relieve sunburn.
- Anti-aging action—powerful antioxidants in pomegranate fight and repair free radical damage from the sun and environmental factors that age skin. We’re talking hyperpigmentation and dark spots. These antioxidants work in harmony to increase microcirculation to renew cells and prevent and smooth lines. Yes, prevent!
- Anti-inflammatory—inflammation can wreak havoc on our skin and lead to premature aging. Pomegranates contain a bevy of anti-inflammatory compounds polyphenols. As one of few plant sources of conjugated fatty acids, pomegranates are great for soothing and healing the skin from all the stress caused by free radicals.
- Deep hydration—pomegranate seed oil is easily absorbed and deeply penetrates the skin, providing moisture where it’s most needed. But, it won’t clog your pores and the omega-5 fatty acids help lock in the moisture while keeping bacteria out.
- Fights acne—pomegranates contain both vitamin C and vitamin E (YES!! Non-gluten sources!) which can prevent the oxidation of sebum (the oily stuff that, when produced in excess, can lead to acne), and thus, acne.
These are the main and amazing benefits that using pomegranate topically can provide. You know we like to get into a bit more detail, but we want also know you’re busy doing things like decorating for the holidays!
KUDARAT PRODUCTS WITH POMEGRANATE
We use certified organic pomegranate seed CO2 extract in our products. This means that all of the good-for-you parts are extracted from the pomegranate seeds using a pure and environmentally friendly extraction technique. We are left with a beautiful, pure, nutrient rich oil that is free from any solvents, inorganic salts, or heavy metals.
Awaken, hydrate, and revitalize your skin with our Revitalizing Moisturizer.
RESTORATIVE EYE CREAM
Our Restorative Eye Cream is a feast for the eyes.